Contribute average $ 1,500 per month Achieved! $ 2,800
Open Blog and start writing Achieved!
Earn $ 400 in dividend income. Achieved! $ 664
Increase projected annual net dividend income to $3,000. Achieved!
Contribute average $ 2,000 per month Achieved! $2,015
- Write at least 24 posts Not achieved! I only published 12 posts
Earn $ 2,000 in dividend income Achieved! $ 2,455
Increase projected annual net dividend income to $ 2,500. Achieved! $ 2,608
- Get total return without paid dividends above 0% Not achieved! -17.5% due to high energy concentration in my portfolio
Increase number of holdings to 16 Achieved! 19
Reduce high yield stocks and focus more on high quality stocks Achieved! Sold nearly all BDCs in 2015.
- Contribute average $ 2,000 per month Not achieved! I’ve committed only $1,204 per month
Earn $ 1,600 in dividend income Achieved! I’ve collected $ 1,653
- “Increase” projected annual dividend income to $ 1,700 Not achieved! My forward income was only $ 1,399
Add more weight to quality stocks (low payout ratio, low debt, growing EPS) Achieved! Added Gilead (but with fast shrinking EPS) and Novo Nordisk
Contribute average $ 1,200 per month Achieved! $ 1,450
Increase projected annual dividend income to $ 1,800 Achieved! $ 2,608
- Increase sector diversification by adding at least two more sectors Not achieved! I only added one new sector (Consumer Defensive)
- I’ll buy an apartment which will take all my cash reserves (to achieve better terms of financing)
- We’ve got a new family member! I will take two months off and we’ll surf & travel through Europe with Baby Divrider
- This all means: no new contribution this year
- Maintain projected annual dividend income of $ 2,608
- Use broker cash reserve or sell stocks from overweighting sectors in broker account to diversify into new sectors